Ultimate Health Greystanes is an Allied Health Practice (Physiotherapy, Speech Pathology, Dietetics, Podiatry, and Occupational Therapy) that provides in clinic and mobile services to children and adults. Our mixed caseloads and the multiple settings in which we work ensure that our therapists are constantly provided with opportunities to develop their skills across many areas. In a typical day, you could be working at a school, visiting early intervention clients in their homes, completing assessments in nursing homes or treating various clients in clinic.
About the opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for an Occupational Therapist to join the dedicated Occupational Therapy team in Greystanes. The position is 5 days per week (hours on these days are flexible). This is a contractor position.
Your tasks will include
- Clinical assessments and treatment of physical, developmental and neurological conditions
- Assessment and prescription of aids and equipment to improve independent living skills e.g. hoists, mobile commode, wheelchairs
- Capable of a variety therapeutic based approaches (gross motor, fine motor, sensory skills, cognitive skills, attention skills etc.)
- Focus on building relationships and assisting people day to day with effective communication and service
- Environmental assessments and home modifications to minimise the risk of falls and improve access
- Assessment of clients’ mobility and control when moving in their environments
- Qualification in Occupational Therapy.
- Current drivers licence and own car
- Certified Practising Membership with AHPRA.
- Current Working with Children Check.
- National Police Clearance
- Current First Aid Qualifications
- Current professional indemnity and public liability insurance (or the ability to obtain these before commencing clinical work).
- Happy, energetic, caring and positive personality
- Commitment to personal and professional quality improvement
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Highly motivated to achieve positive outcomes for our clients
- Show initiative
- Able to work independently
- Professional & empathetic in your approach
- Ideally 1+ years of paediatric and adult Occupational Therapy experience.
- Supervision opportunities for more experienced therapists
- Have experience working with children and adults with a disability or autism
- Demonstrated experience with multidisciplinary team working
- Understanding of the need for evidence-informed, client centred care
- Demonstrated computer literacy with skills in computer applications
- Understanding of quality activities, WHS and infection control policies
- Be willing to undertake a Working With Children Check
- Registered with Medicare, Provider no. at commencement
Benefits and Perks
- Job Security - Well established business with a wealth of experience and knowledge
- Great Culture - Supportive management + close knit multi-disciplinary team
- Well Equipped Practice - Heavily invested in best-practice infrastructure and processes
- Supportive and inclusive team environment
- Flexible hours to suit your schedule
- High level of autonomy in the role
- Mentoring Sessions
- Professional Development opportunities
- The ability to foster your areas of interest
- Variety of clients - ages and disorders
- Administrative support
Position to start ideally August 2020. Applications close end August 2020 however we will be interviewing throughout until the right applicants have been found.
Please email us your CV and cover letter so we can begin our interview process with you. Email: Ultimatehealth.email@example.com or phone Lisa on 0477028501.